Meet the Director of Admissions
Thank you for your interest in Vail Christian High School! As a current parent, I know that VCHS is truly a special place. We chose VCHS for our children because of the inspiration and challenges provided both academically and personally. We are so grateful to be a part of the VCHS family. I am excited in my role to be able to share all that VCHS has to offer. Any questions you have, I am here to help. And, as you begin to learn more about us, just know that I am just as interested in learning about you. If you’d like, please take a moment to fill out our online inquiry form. Heather Downey Director of Admissions (970)-766-4125 email@example.com
We are committed to making a VCHS education accessible to as many families as possible. We know a private school education is not inexpensive, but we believe the return on investment is truly worth every penny. Our qualitative and quantitative results prove it. VCHS graduates not only gain admission to their 1st choice colleges, but they succeed where they land. From a dollars and cents perspective, the average VCHS 2020 graduate received almost $40,000 in merit-based scholarships from each college or university where he or she now attends. All that to say, a VCHS education makes a profound difference on each student’s success trajectory. The Class of 2020 also finished with: 26 ACT Mean, 1212 SAT Mean, 3.88 Weighted GPA, and 41% were AP Scholars, with two National AP Scholars. With the Class of 2021, we expect to see even stronger results. Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year is $25,200 or $2,291/month (11 monthly payments). Apart from a $250 enrollment fee after admission (or during re-enrollment for returning families), there are no additional school fees or hidden costs.
FLEX Tuition We offer a FLEX Tuition program that provides an affordable solution for families from a wide range of economic backgrounds who are unable to pay full tuition. We have always believed that economic diversity enriches the VCHS educational experience for our students. We have eschewed terms such as “financial aid” and “tuition assistance,” preferring to focus on flexible tuition levels for those needing this option. FLEX Tuition is made possible through generous donors and the school’s annual operating budget. So, how does FLEX Tuition work? There are two FLEX Tuition options.
OPTION 1: FLEX Automatic Tuition FLEX Automatic Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year is designed for families with household incomes at or below $225,000. There are a limited number of spaces available at each FLEX Automatic Tuition income level. This verification takes place through our Business Office by completing a 1-page application accompanied by 2019 tax information. Please click here for the Flex Automatic Tuition Application. The calculator below shows FLEX Automatic Tuition amounts for the 2021-2022 school year.
FLEX Automatic Tuition Calculator
Select amount$11,300 or $1,027/month$15,100 or $1,373/month$18,900 or $1,718/month$22,700 or $2,064/month$25,200 or $2,291/month
OPTION 2: FLEX FAST Tuition For families who believe they will be unable to pay the FLEX Automatic Tuition amount, FLEX FAST Tuition provides an ideal option. To help us objectively assess what a family is able to contribute to educational expenses, VCHS uses FAST, a trusted and confidential third party. Please click here to be directed to the FAST website to begin the process. A family’s calculated ability to pay is considered along with available VCHS funds to determine the FLEX FAST Tuition each family pays. There is a limit on FLEX Tuition funds and those dollars are distributed on a first come, first served basis beginning with returning VCHS families and then extending to new families. Notifications of FLEX Tuition determinations are released on the same schedule as admission decision letters. Although decisions about admission and FLEX Tuition are made at the same time, the two processes are separate. We know that some families hesitate to apply for various reasons, including the paperwork involved in the process, or fear that a child’s hopes will be raised. We strongly encourage you to apply for FLEX Tuition, and we’re here to help support you along the way. Please contact Heather Downey, Director of Admissions, at 970-766-4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Payment Options In order to further support families with different financial situations, we have several tuition payment options.
- Single Payment
- Semi-annual Payments (a $10 annual fee processed through a 3rd party)
- Quarterly Payments (a $45 annual fee processed through a 3rd party)
- Monthly Payments (a $45 annual fee processed through a 3rd party)
Honor Scholarship Do you know a deserving 8th grade student with exceptional academic excellence?
The Honor Scholarship is a four-year, renewable scholarship to cover 50% of tuition each year. Selection Criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in 8th grade
- Be nominated by an adult outside of the student’s family
- Complete the VCHS admission process
- Complete an on-campus interview and essay
Click here for more information on the Honor Scholarship and nomination form.
- 1) Private Campus Tour of VCHS
- View our VCHS Academic Calendar and see when you can spend time with us! You do not need to complete your application ahead of time, just come visit our school and see why students/families are proud to be SAINTS! Contact Heather Downey, Director of Admissions, email@example.com or (970)-766-4125 to schedule your private campus tour!
- 2) Online Application
- ROLLING ADMISSIONS (We are now accepting applications for the 2021/2022 school year!) PARENTS: First, click below to create your RenWeb Account (Renweb is a web-based school management software). Create an account under the student’s name, NOT THE PARENT’S NAME. Please (Click Here) to create a Renweb Account. If you have/had a child at VCHS you will already have an online Renweb application account (this is your online application account NOT your ParentsWeb Account) – please click below to log into your existing online application account. If you have forgotten your online application account username please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Existing Renweb Application Account: (Click Here) After you have created an account, then click on the next link to log in to your account and “Create A New Student Application” for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application. To complete the online application, the application must be completely filled out (with green checks next to each item area on the left side). A green check appears in the left tab area when you have successfully answered each question in that designated section. Please submit your $75 non-refundable application fee via our online payment configuration at the end of the application. The preferred admissions deadline for the 2020-2021 school year is February 7, 2021.
- 3) Recommendation Forms
- Administrator Recommendation Form (Click Here) The Administrator Recommendation Form needs to be downloaded and emailed/faxed to an administrator or guidance counselor at the applicant’s current school. Then SCAN/EMAIL it to Heather Downey at email@example.com with “Administrator Recommendation” in the subject line. English Teacher Recommendation Form (Click Here) The English Teacher Recommendation Form needs to be downloaded and emailed/faxed to an English teacher at the applicant’s current school. Then SCAN/EMAIL it to Heather Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org with “English Teacher Recommendation” in the subject line. Math Teacher Recommendation Form (Click Here) The Math Teacher Recommendation Form needs to be downloaded and emailed/faxed to a math teacher at the applicant’s current school. Then SCAN/EMAIL it to Heather Downey at email@example.com with “Math Teacher Recommendation” in the subject line.
- 4) Official Release of Student Information
- Please sign and return the Official Release of Student Information Form (Click Here) to the VCHS Admissions Office. You can SCAN/EMAIL it to Heather Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Official Release of Student Information” in the subject line. Once the admissions office receives this form, the Director of Admissions will request the applicant’s transcripts and standardized test scores.
- 5) Family Interview
- This is the final step of the admissions process. The family interview is one of the ways we are able to learn more about you – the applicant, but it also provides your family with another opportunity to get to know us better, as well. Interviews are conducted by our Head of School, our Principal and our Director of Admissions.
Vail Christian High School provides a well-rounded education and a loving environment for international students to thrive. We believe that international students enhance our global perspective and mirror the ethnically and culturally diverse world that God created. We offer students a challenging, college-preparatory curriculum, including 16 Advanced Placement (AP) courses, a variety of university credit courses, and Project Lead the Way courses (engineering, biomedical and computer science) that complement their AP counterparts with more experiential, project-based learning.
Students benefit from the high academic standards, college counseling and college application support which results in our students being accepted into some of the most prestigious U.S. colleges and universities. Our program is rich in academic rigor and requires that all students who participate are proficient in English. We provide impressive support to international students through our Student Success Center and tutoring, ensuring students are supported in their new school environment and meet their highest academic potential.
International students are fully integrated into life as an American high school student. Through our small class sizes, strong sense of camaraderie between students, classes centered on discussion and participation, and after-school activities and athletics, international students are supported in every way including living with a host family. We value the entire experience of our international students, not just the academic school day. Students are placed in loving, supportive, Christian homes and become a member of the family.
Vail Christian High School is nestled in the highly sought after Vail Valley with views of the majestic Gore and Sawatch mountain ranges. Students study, live and play where others travel from around the world to experience Vail mountain’s one-of-a-kind terrain with more than 5000 skiable acres. With breathtaking ski resorts such as Vail and Beaver Creek, stunning world class golf courses, epic mountain bike and hiking trails, the phrase “Like nothing on Earth” comes to life before your very eyes. Vail Christian High School is only a 1 ½ hour drive to Denver, a metropolitan area with a population of 3 million with a major U.S. international airport.
If you are an international student, parent or agent and are interested in applying to Vail Christian High School, please contact Stacia Brasington, International Student Program Director, at email@example.com for more information.
ADMISSIONS PROCESS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Please submit all forms to the International Student Program Director, Stacia Brasington, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1) Complete All Application Requirements
- Complete Vail Christian High School Online Application.PARENTS: First, click below to create your RenWeb Account (Renweb is a web-based school management software). Create an account under the student’s name, NOT THE PARENT’S NAME. Please (Click Here) to create a Renweb Account. After you have created an account, then click on the next link to log in to your account and “Create A New Student Application” for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application. To complete the online application, the application must be completely filled out (with green checks next to each item area on the left side). A green check appears in the left tab area when you have successfully answered each question in that designated section. Please submit your $75 non-refundable application fee via our online payment configuration at the end of the application. If you are not able to create a Renweb account from your country please email email@example.com to send you an application through email.
- Submit complete set of school records/transcripts (two years, translated to English)
- Submit TOEFL or iTEP Score
- Submit Recommendation Forms (translated to English)
- 2) Family Interview
- The family interview is one of the ways we are able to learn more about you – the applicant, but it also provides your family with another opportunity to get to know us better, as well. Interviews are conducted by our Principal and our International Student Program Director and can take place through Skype, WhatsApp or WeChat.Skype: sbrasington_2WhatsApp: +1 970-471-0894WeChat ID: sbrasingtonWeChat QR:
- 3) Finalize Enrollment
- Once student is accepted, an I-20 will be issued. Student’s family is responsible for securing appointment with U.S. Consulate for interview and issuing of F1 Visa.
- Submit copy of Immunization Record
- Submit copy of Visa and Passport
- Submit copy of birth certificate (translated to English)
- Payment of tuition in full prior to arrival
INTERNATIONAL TUITION International student tuition is $40,000 which includes tuition, homestay fee, sports and activity fees. The Student Success Center provides individualized attention and academic support and is free of charge to all international students. Health Insurance must be purchased through ISM here. Please purchase the Gold or Silver Plan for your student prior to U.S. arrival.