A MESSAGE FROM HEAD OF SCHOOL
Our new theology course offerings will also provide a safe context to help our students explore and discover the Christian faith and their spirituality. Those courses include Capstone/Heroes (9 th), Life and Teachings of Jesus/World Religions (10 th), Ethics and Social Justice (11 th) and Capstone (12 th).
Our faculty and staff are also excited to unveil a new advisory program with a mission to create a small family for each student within a single gender small group and to provide each student with an adult mentor who will provide guidance, support and help in the areas of academics, spiritual growth and personal issues.
Finally, VCHS Saints have regularly found ways to engage with community service both because of their character and preparation for college admissions. This coming school year, VCHS is taking service-learning a step further by connecting our students to all types of community service opportunities in the valley and raising the bar with our expectations regarding how much time VCHS students commit to service each school year.
As with students, VCHS can achieve so much when parents volunteer. Not only does parent volunteerism support our school but it provides a healthy example of service to our students. In fact, research clearly shows that parent involvement in their children’s schools (including high school) bears fruit with every aspect (academic, social, behavioral) of their children’s education. We need each parent’s help this coming school year and are asking everyone to commit to at least one volunteer opportunity at VCHS this school year.
I’m really looking forward to seeing the VCHS family together once again, especially our new students and families. It’s gonna be a great day at Vail Christian High School!
There are two required forms for the All School Retreat. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your student has the correct paperwork on file in order to attend retreat.
- 2017 All School Retreat Form (required #1) – Please login to your parentsweb account in Renweb, click on web forms (left column) and fill out the 2017 All School Retreat Form. This form will be submitted electronically after you hit SAVE at the bottom.
Frontier Ranch Minor Release Form ( required #2) – Please print, fill out and return to the front desk, on or before August 21st. You may also scan and email back to email@example.com.
- Our new school website www.vchs.org now has our school calendar to view and forms that are downloadable and printable. The calendar and school forms access is located at the top of the home page in the right hand corner.
- Sports Physicals are available on August 12th from 8 to 10 at the Edwards location of Vail Summit Orthopaedics. A $15 donation is suggested if you participate.
- School Supply List
- Required Summer Reading List
- All School Retreat Information
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities
August Important Dates:
- 7th – First day of Boys’ Golf
- 12th – All school clean up; Sports Physicals Vail Summit Orthopedics
- 14th – First day of fall sports; Freshman Orientation (4 Eagle Ranch)
- 17th – All school parent/student orientation
- 21st – First 1/2 day of school; Freshmen & transfer boot camp 12:30-2:30
- 23rd – Leave for retreat & return on the 25th.